I have lots of cameras, as you might expect. Digital, film, instant, large format etc. A wile back I bought a SLR film camera. It was in great shape and dirt cheep with a 50mm standard lens. I already had a medium wide angle lens that would fit, so it was a no brainer.
Turns out I really like the thunk of the old shutters. I like the simple metering of the old cameras. I like the big viewfinders of the old cameras. I like loading the film and winding it to the next picture.
But the love affair stops there!
I don't like paying for the film and processing, digital is free once you buy the camera and cards.
I'm not in love with the scanning. It's slow and tedious.
The grain is bugging me. Yes I can minimize it but it's bugging me. (400 ASA grain T-Max.)
Storing the negatives is a pain.
Does it bring me back to my youth, yes!
Am I going to use it again, yes. Don't ask me why. It makes no sense. I can't understand it, it's not 1975 it's 2015.
As far as I can figure out it comes down to the thunk and wind.


No comments:
Post a Comment